Our Client, leading industrial group with worldwide facilities is looking for a
Head of Accounting DACH (M/F)
To be based south of Luxembourg at their Shared Services Center
Partially home office based if willing to
The position reports directly to Finance Director DACH (based in Germany).
Oversees maintenance of the organization's general ledger and related accounting practices, including payables, receivables, inventories, fixed assets, and payrolls, where accounting activities are centralized.
• Coordination in remote of a small team (2 people)
• Assures that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with the organization's accounting policies, chart of accounts, and related accounting principles and practices, and that subordinate ledgers reconcile with the general ledger.
• Prescribes methods of providing accounting data for various non-standard reports and statements.
• Interprets for all decentralized components of the accounting function, the organization's general accounting systems and procedures, including those for accounts receivable and payroll.
• Directs maintenance of fixed asset records and related depreciation accounts, and provides interpretative assistance as to the proper capitalization/expensing of outlays, grouping of fixed assets by class, and depreciation methodology.
• Collaborates with management to develop schedules, internal control procedures and systems to enable the timely and informative accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data.
• Self-driven with excellent analytical and systems skills;
• “Hands-on” approach with sound problem solving, communication and organization (establishing priorities, meeting deadlines, time management) skills;
• A team player that is eager to learn, build and ready to go the extra mile;
• Commercial and operational awareness working in a multicultural and international environment;
• Ability to work with remote interaction with line managers and other members of the team;
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Finance/Accounting (Buchhalter certified)
• At least, 5 years of experience in Accounting or Audit, for commercial or industrial company, in a multicultural and international environment; education & skilled in German accounting principles and tax related issues
• Proficient in SAP or Microsoft Dynamics (AX) a plus, and Microsoft Excel;
• Fluent in German and English is mandatory.